Job Role: Founder and CEO
- Lead and manage the organization.
- Work with the board to define strategies to implement and further develop the business plan..
- Develop operational policies to ensure services and activities are implemented effectively.
- Have responsibility for day to day financial management of the charity, including preparation of budgets for agreement by the relevant committee of trustees.
- Leading and developing strong partnerships across the local community to achieve improved outcomes and better eating disorders services for local people.
- Define the resources needed to operate effectively and develop relationships with statutory grant makers and high value supporters.
- Overseeing financial and performance management, risk management, people management and change management within the charity.
- Providing leadership for all FSD colleagues ensuring all staff understand and adhere to the strategic aims of the organization.
- Supervise the Operations Manager.
- Represents FSD and acts as the “public face” of the charity in press and public appearances when required.
Cathy set up First Steps Derbyshire in January 2004 and volunteered for the charity for six years whilst holding down a regular job and bringing up her two daughters.
She has personal experience of living with an eating disorder and the difficulties associated with getting supportive and non judgment help and support.
Cathy has worked in many different areas during her life including being a self employed business woman and then later taking a career change to work for Derby City drug and alcohol services and the National Probation Trust. She now works for First Steps full time. Her passions are horses, the countryside, healthy living and hard work!