How Can You Help?
First Steps’ aim is to improve the quality of life and create positive and lasting change to the lives of people affected by eating difficulties and disorders. This service is extended to increase education for carers and families. We support people all ages with any type of eating disorder.
Fundraising is vital to the charity because without this, First Steps couldn’t provide the wealth of services that they do.
– £5 could buy a young person a journal book to log their feelings which can help to make support more effective and to diminish symptoms of anxiety, and eating disorders.
– £40 could pay for a one hour support session with a trained staff member of First Steps.
– £50 could pay for a young person to attend a two hour group therapeutic workshops which provides self help techniques and strategies to manage and cope with their eating disorder and its affects on their health, education and social life.
– £200 could pay for an Skills for Carers workshop to provide support for up to 10-15 parents/carers
– £500 could provide a young person with 10 sessions of one to one intensive peer support with a trained young person who has personal experience of an eating disorder.
Why not tick something off that bucket list and help someone else in the process?
Would you like to fundraise for First Steps via Skyline Events?
You can be involved in:
Sky Dives, Parachuting, London to Paris bike rides, Open treks around the world and much much more (see link).
Or, if you would like to fundraise for First Steps Derbyshire, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively call: (01332) 367571.